Monday, 26 May 2014

Game Review: Asteroids

Asteroids is a game where  the object of the game is to shoot and destroy asteroids and saucers while not colliding with either or being hit by the saucers' counter-fire. The game becomes harder as the number of asteroids increases, and they become faster. For each asteroid destroyed the player will receive points that add  up and can be seen on the screen. On screen it also shows the user how many lives they have left and what level they are on.

I would rate the graphics in this game a disappointing 3 out of 10. Even though these graphics were seen as a breakthrough when the game first came out, but as I am playing this and reviewing it in my personal opinion. The graphics are extremely basic and are only available in black and white.

I would rate the sound of the game 4 out of 10. Again as I am reviewing this game in my opinion, I believe that these sounds are quite basic but they do occur they represent exactly what they are meant to, for example, When an asteroid is destroy there is a small explosion.

Overall I would give this game a rating of 7 out of 20 as it was in my opinion a relative boring game with poor graphics even though it was seen as a break through when it was released.








No comments:

Post a Comment